Running 1,500 miles (2,520 kilometers) from the peaks of the Snowy Mountains through New South Wales and Victoria to South Australia, the Murray River is the Australia’s longest river. A Murray River cruise makes a popular choice for a day trip from Adelaide—here are your options.
- Combine a scenic cruise along the Murray River with visit to the Red River Gums and Tea Tree Gully in the Adelaide Hills on a day tour from Adelaide.
- Tuck into a delicious lunch, luncheon, or morning tea onboard as you float down the river.
- Set sail on a multi-day cruise and sleep onboard a historic paddle steamer.
- Hop off your cruise to visit historic towns along the riverbank, such as Mannum, Murray Bridge, Craignook, Blanchetown, and Swan Reach.
- Spot nocturnal wildlife such as grey kangaroos, hair-nosed wombats, and Murray long-necked tortoises on a thrilling Murray River night cruise.