Byron Bay has all the makings of a proper surfer paradise—unique breaks, diverse beaches, and a laid-back vibe that keep wave riders flocking back for more. Whether you’re a pro or catching your very first wave, here are some options for surfing in this Australian hot spot.
- Head to surf school without breaking your travel budget with an introductory small-group lesson.
- Give your surf skills a jump start with a private lesson from experienced surfers.
- Get insider tips on surf conditions and the best breaks from a local guide.
- Watch the pros catch waves on famous breaks the Wreck, Lennox Head, or the Pass.
- Book a lesson at the beginning of your trip so you can continue practicing your new skills throughout your stay.