Costa Rica may be small, but this country is full of striking coastlines, mountains, rivers, waterfalls, volcanoes, and rainforests—making it the perfect destination for outdoor adventurers and adrenaline junkies.
Here are our top five ways ways to enjoy the beautiful scenery all year long:
- Hiking and Mountain Biking: Immerse yourself in the local landscape at Arenal Volcano National Park and beyond
- Zipline and Canopy Tours: Rise above the treetops for a thrilling bird's-eye view
- Activities on the Water: Cool off on a kayak or raft—or grab snorkel gear and go under the sea
- Horseback Riding: Give your legs a rest and explore the coast or rainforest atop a trusty steed
- Birdwatching: Spot brightly colored toucans and parrots with the help of an expert guide