While Dubrovnik is an amazing destination in its own right, it is also a great base for exploring neighboring Bosnia and Herzegovina. The beautiful Kravice Waterfalls, charming Mostar, and historic Sarajevo are all popular day trips from Dubrovnik.
Bosnia and Herzegovina Highlights
- Visit Mostar and wander the cobbled streets of Old Town, see the iconic Stari Most (Old Bridge), and check out the colorful Old Bazaar.
- Follow in the footsteps of the thousands of pilgrims who visit Medjugorje, one of the most religious places in Europe.
- Enjoy the natural beauty of Kravice Waterfalls.
- Explore the capital city of Sarajevo and witness the effects of the Bosnian War.
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Pocitelj, a 15th-century fortress village.
- See the ancient Roman ruins of Mogorjelo.
- Check out the village of Blagaj and its nearby fort and monastery.
To introduce you to Bosnia and Herzegovina, a variety of small-group tours are available, from focusing solely on the capital of Sarajevo to combining sites like Medjugorje, Mostar, and the Kravice Waterfalls into one very long day trip.
Similarly, private tours from Dubrovnik are available in almost any combination you desire, whether you want to spend most of your time in a single city like Sarajevo or Mostar, or you want to squeeze in as much as possible by visiting Mostar, Pocitelj, Medjugorje, and Kravice Waterfalls in a single trip.
Things to Know
- You will be crossing an international border, so don’t forget your passport.
- Tours include hotel pickup and drop-off.
- Be prepared for a long day, as some tours last up to 12 hours.
- Mostar is about two and a half hours from Dubrovnik, while Sarajevo is more than four hours.
- Your vehicle, usually a minibus, will be air-conditioned.