Fraser Island is the world’s largest sand island and its gorgeous beaches, glittering lagoons, and lush rainforest offer endless photo opportunities. But, if you want to explore beyond the beach resorts, you’ll need a 4W-wheel-drive vehicle to tackle the dramatic dunes and sandy trails. Here are your options for 4WD tours on Fraser Island.
- Enjoy spectacular views as you drive along the famous Seventy-Five Mile Beach.
- Get behind the wheel on a guided “tag-along” tour and explore the island in a convoy of 4WDs.
- Explore Fraser Island landmarks including the sand cliffs of the Pinnacles, Wanggoolba Creek, the Champagne Pools, and Pile Valley Rainforest.
- Hop out to swim at Lake McKenzie or hike through the rainforest.
- As you zip along the coast, look out for dolphins, dugongs, and humpback whales.
- Discover Fraser Island on a day trip by 4WD from Hervey Bay, Rainbow Beach or Noosa, including a scenic ferry ride to the island.
- Take a 2- or 3-day 4WD tour and camp out on the island.