Bedouin culture forms an important part of Jordan’s heritage, as semi-nomadic tribes make up more than 30 percent of the country’s population. From camel rides through the desert dunes to a stay in a Bedouin camp, these are some of the best ways to experience Bedouin culture in Jordan.
- Tour Jordan’s top attractions, including Wadi Rum desert, Feynan, and Petra, with a Bedouin tour guide and driver to discover the area’s history.
- Trek by camel through the sand dunes to Bedouin communities to learn about local customs over a glass of mint tea with a Bedouin family.
- Feast on a typical Bedouin dinner around a campfire to get an authentic look at Bedouin life.
- Sleep in the desert beneath the stars in traditional Bedouin goat-hair tents on an overnight tour.
- View ancient rock carvings believed to date back 12,000 years and learn about their significance from your dedicated local tour guide.