To escape the thumping heartbeat of urban life and to tuck into sensational scenery and traditionally brewed tea, visitors and locals head outside Kuala Lumpur to cool-climate hill stations. Here are a few of the best tea plantation tours from Kuala Lumpur.
Cameron Highlands, the most accessible hill station to Kuala Lumpur, is a popular day trip destination for those looking to escape the bustle of the city for a day exploring the countryside. Besides a visit to a tea plantation and tea factory, a full-day Cameron Highlands tour might also include stops at the famous Batu Caves, an aboriginal village, Lata Iskandar waterfall, butterfly garden, strawberry farm, and cactus garden, depending on the option chosen.
Those with extra time to spare can opt for a multi-day tour through the rolling hills of the Malaysian countryside. The rewards include the opportunity to dive deeper into Malaysian tea culture, all while traveling further afield to places such as Taman Negara National Park, the royal town of Kuala Kangsar, Kota Bharu’s wet market, Wan Man island, and the UNESCO World Heritage-listed historic centers of Penang.
Things to Know
- Visit a tea farm to learn about Malaysia’s most popular drink.
- Choose between the value of a small-group tour or the flexibility of private tour with your very own tour guide.
- Day tours from Kuala Lumpur can last upwards of 12 hours.
- Multi-day tour options range from three to seven days.
- See more of the countryside on a multi-day tour that might include a stop at a traditional village, butterfly farm, and a waterfall.