The grand finale of the Spring Racing Carnival, the Melbourne Cup, is the year’s biggest horse race and a glittering event. Whether you’ve got tickets—to Victoria Derby Day, Emirates Melbourne Cup Day, Kennedy Oaks Day, or Emirates Stakes Day—or want an inside peek, here’s how to enjoy the Melbourne Cup.
- Ensure you arrive in style at the Melbourne Cup with a racing day cruise package and indulge with in a decadent morning or afternoon tea as you sail down the Yarra River.
- Come face-to-face with champion racehorses on a tour of the Living Legends stables in Woodlands Historic Park.
- Discover Melbourne’s favorite sports, including Australian Football League (AFL), cricket, and horse racing at the National Sports Museum.
- Admire sports venues including the Flemington Racecourse and an AFL stadium on a cultural tour of Melbourne.
- Be sure to save some time for sightseeing—the Eureka Skydeck, Fitzroy Gardens, Queen Victoria Market, and St. Kilda beach are all must-sees.
- Make the most of your time in Melbourne with a day tour to the Yarra Valley wine region, Mornington Peninsula, Phillip Island, or Great Ocean Road.