There's something about California Wine Country that’s innately romantic. With Napa Valley, Sonoma County, Healdsburg, and Santa Rosa all just a short drive from San Francisco, it's no wonder it's a romantic getaway for many. Here are the best options when it comes to wine tours in this romantic destination.
- Take the elegant Napa Valley Wine Train through the valley's many vineyards and estates; then sit down for a gourmet lunch or dinner on board.
- Enjoy great food, wine tasting, and beautiful scenery and stop into small wine country towns like St. Helena, Rutherford, and Yountville.
- Hop a helicopter from San Francisco to Napa and enjoy views from the air before wine pairings and a luxury tasting experience.
- Get active on a leisurely bike ride of the Russian River Valley that stops at three or four tasting rooms as it winds through miles of wine country.
- Enjoy a hot air balloon ride (with sparkling wine) as you're treated to sweeping views of Napa Valley below and a delicious brunch afterwards.
- For a little more privacy or a special occasion, book a private tour. Most provide transportation from San Francisco.