There are few better times of the year to visit New Orleans than on Halloween. The temperature has dropped, fall has arrived, and the local spirits are high. New Orleanians love a good costumed time, and from Bourbon Street to Frenchmen Street, here’s how to celebrate Halloween Big Easy–style.
- Learn about voodoo on a cemetery walking tour of one of NOLA’s most haunted spots—St. Louis Cemetery No. 1.
- Meet the ghostly residents of the historic French Quarter during a paranormal tour of the city.
- Delve into the darker side of this haunted city during a ghostly stroll through the Garden District.
- See the filming locations for famous vampire flicks Interview with a Vampire and Dracula 2000.
- Use a real EMF meter, used to detect paranormal activity, while visiting locations of unsolved murders and suicides.