The warm, shallow waters around Hawaii are perfect for those who crave speed and out-of-your-comfort-zone thrills. Water sport rentals and guided experiences are available to take you to the ocean’s best spots. Here are some of our favorite extreme water sports in Oahu.
- Climb into a submerged cage and swim with sharks off the North Shore.
- Learn to surf on Honolulu’s easy breaks, then head to the North Shore and watch the experts ride giants.
- Zip past the sunbathers on Waikiki Beach atop a personal Jet Ski or grab some friends and get ready to cling for dear life to bumper tubes or a banana boat raft towed behind a speedboat.
- Explore sunken shipwrecks and coral-crusted sites on an scuba diving adventure day trip. Not scuba certified? Relax and ride below the surface in the protective bubble of a self-propelled underwater scooter.
- Embrace technology and get your adrenaline pumping as you soar above the waves east of Honolulu using a water-propelled jetpack.
- Snorkel past octopus, sea turtles, spiny urchins and even reef sharks in the protected preserve at Hanauma Bay.
- Parasail off iconic Waikiki Beach within view of sunbathers and Diamond Head Crater.