Tropical Oahu is ringed by coral reefs teeming with colorful marine life including butterfly fish, moray eels, and Hawaiian green sea turtles. Snorkeling cruises can help you access some of the best snorkeling in Hawaii. Here’s what to expect on an Oahu snorkel tour.
- See coastal Oahu from a catamaran or sailboat, then head below the clear water for a snorkel adventure.
- Learn about the area’s tropical fish and other marine life from naturalist guides on your snorkel tour.
- Most snorkeling cruises run between two and six hours, allowing for plenty of time for underwater exploration and relaxed cruising.
- Spot Hawaiian spinner dolphins and, if visiting between November and March, perhaps some breaching humpback whales en route to snorkeling sites.
- Cruises allow you to go beyond shore-access sites such as Hanauma Bay to explore harder-to-get-to offshore snorkeling spots like calm Kaneohe Bay, Turtle Canyon off Waikiki Beach, sites near the filming location of Gilligan’s Island, hidden coves along the North Shore, and sites beyond the Waianae Mountains along the rugged Leeward Coast.
- Enjoy a Hawaiian lunch or dinner on longer charters.
- Nearly all tours include snorkel gear—wetsuits, masks, and fins.
- Tours often include round-trip hotel transfers to the pier or harbor of departure.