With its vast glaciers, steamy hot springs, and towering volcanic peaks, Iceland’s unique landscapes could have been lifted from the pages of a fantasy novel, and the most spectacular views are from high above. Here are your options for Reykjavik helicopter tours.
- Fly to the 3,000-foot (914-meter) mountaintop of Mount Esja on a 40-minute helicopter tour and marvel at the views on a summit landing.
- Take a thrilling Reykjavik helicopter flight along the Reykjanes Peninsula and enjoy a bird’s-eye view of the Seltun lava fields as well as Graenavatn and Kleifarvatn lakes.
- Soar over the volcanic landscapes, waterfalls, and valleys of Iceland’s south coast, the Vatnajokull National Park, or the Jokulsarlon glacier lagoon.
- Take in the highlights of the Golden Circle sightseeing route from the air, and see the Thingvellir National Park, the Geysir geyser, and Gullfoss waterfall.
- Spend two hours flightseeing Eyjafjallajokull Glacier, Thorsmork ridge, and Iceland’s Blue Mountains.