With Napa Valley and Sonoma just a short drive from San Francisco, a trip to wine country is a must, and cycling can be a fun, safe way to enjoy the scenery and famous wine while you’re there. See below for your options.
- Enjoy hassle-free roundtrip transportation from San Francisco.
- Visit either the Napa Valley, Dry Creek Valley, or Russian River Valley for your bike ride and wine tastings; each is famous for excellent varietals.
- Learn about the history of the area and stop in at various wineries for tastings on a leisurely bike tour of Northern California's beautiful back roads and woods.
- Choose a tour that includes lunch to zip around by bike and taste pinot noir, chardonnay, zinfandel, and more before sitting down to a delicious gourmet picnic.
- Tour local wineries with a sommelier, and taste pairings of cheese and charcuterie.
- Wine country bike tours typically cover 10 to 15 miles at a leisurely pace with stops for tastings.
- Tastings are included on some tours, while they are an added cost on others.