With almost a quarter of the country covered in lush rain forest, and with a reputation as Central America’s adventure capital, Costa Rica is the perfect place for a rainforest canopy tour. Here are your options for canopy tours from the capital city of San Jose.
- Enjoy spectacular views of Arenal Volcano National Park and La Fortuna on a walking tour of the Arenal Hanging Bridges.
- Ride the aerial tram, walk the suspension bridges, and fly across the 2,297-foot-long (700-meter-long) Adrena-Line at the Rainforest Adventures Costa Rica Atlantic private reserve.
- Soar through the Monteverde Cloud Forest on Costa Rica’s only Superman Zipline.
- Spot howler monkeys from the treetop walkways, admire colorful wild orchids, and visit the hummingbird and butterfly gardens at San Luis Adventure Park.
- Cruise along the Sarapiqui River, then take a canopy zipline tour in the Braulio Carrillo National Park.