It might not seem so at first glance, but if you look carefully, Shanghai is a surprisingly family-friendly destination with a lot to keep children of all ages entertained. From boat trips to hands-on classes, here are some of the best things to do with kids in Shanghai.
- Don’t miss an acrobatic show at Shanghai Circus World featuring Chinese martial arts and impressive special effects.
- Spend a day at Shanghai Disneyland enjoying the amusement park’s rides and shows, and Disney’s largest castle.
- Ride a boat through Zhujiajiao, a nearby ancient water town, to learn about its 1,700-year history.
- Get your hands dirty during an interactive pottery-making class to experience the ancient Chinese art firsthand.
- Tour the Shanghai Zotter Chocolate Theatre and see how chocolate is made while tasting along the way.
- Take advantage of the hop-on hop-off bus to visit kid-friendly attractions like the Huangpu River, Century Park, People’s Square, Oriental Pearl Tower, and many observation decks.
- Ride the high-speed Maglev train to Pudong International Airport to experience speeds of up to 267 miles (430 kilometers) per hour—the fastest passenger train in the world.