World-renowned Sicilian cuisine incorporates culinary traditions, ingredients, and cultures that are as varied as the island’s history and heritage. There’s no better way to discover Sicily’s unique flavors than taking part in a traditional cooking class. Here are some cooking lessons available in the ancient Sicilian hilltop town of Taormina.
- Visit a fish market, select fresh seasonal produce, and purchase ingredients for your cooking class during a local market tour with a Sicilian chef.
- Enjoy hands-on cooking lessons and learn Italian cooking techniques from a professional chef.
- Create typical Sicilian dishes such as handmade pasta with pesto di pistacchi (pistachio pesto) sauce; fish dishes like mussels or tuna caviar; sweet cannoli; and granita.
- Discover the secrets of making the perfect Italian pizza during a pizza-making masterclass.
- Enjoy an authentic cooking experience with a local chef at a Sicilian family home.
- Indulge in a delicious homemade lunch or dinner, accompanied by a wine tasting of Sicilian wines.
- Take home the ultimate souvenir—recipes you can use to impress friends and family back home with the flavors of Sicily.