With beaches lapped by calm Mediterranean waters, plenty of hotels with pools, and adventure hiding around every corner, Malta is the ideal destination for family vacations. See below for our top picks of things to do with the kids in Valletta.
- Enjoy a day out at the Sant’Antnin Family Park at Marsascala, where activities and entertainment include abseiling, live music, magic shows rock-climbing, and swimming in pools.
- Swim in the turquoise waters of the Blue Grotto on Malta’s south coast, and admire the awesome cliffs at Dingli—where land meets the Mediterranean Sea with a dramatic drop of 820 feet (250 meters).
- Watch the Noon Day Gun blasting across the Grand Harbour from Upper Barrakka Gardens, and take a walk around the fortified walls for great panoramic views.
- Visit the National War Museum at Fort St. Elmo and hear tales of Malta’s bravery in two world wars, then round off the day with a horse-drawn carriage ride around the bastions.
- Visit Popeye Village Fun Park for animated films, themed musical shows, and fun-filled play areas.
- Engage in the kids’ arts program at the St. James Cavalier Center for Creativity in Valletta.
- Try exciting water sports like wake-boarding and windsurfing at Mellieha, then hit the bowling alleys, ice-skating rinks, and movie theaters at Paceville.
- Spread your wings to the nearby islands of Gozo or St. Paul, or the historic streets of Mdina, to gain insight into Malta’s rich culture.