You'll journey across rugged lava fields as your guide explains the origins of the island, formed about 700 years ago after a series of volcanic eruptions. About 200 species of moss, plants and trees, including the largest Pohutukawa forest in the world, now thrive on the island.
The 4WD tram takes you to the base of the summit where you’ll walk a half mile (900m) along a wooden boardwalk to reach the top. Be sure to bring your camera for fantastic panoramic shots of Auckland and the Hauraki Gulf. You might also spot birds native to New Zealand, such as the saddleback, tui and fantail.
Once you have soaked in the scenery from Rangitoto’s summit, you’ll rejoin the tour vehicle for the return trip via the western side of the island. Pass some of the preserved bachs–modest beach homes that were built in the 1920s. Bach settlements have almost disappeared in New Zealand, making Rangitoto's a rare example of this piece of architectural history. You may also see remnants of obsolete ships that, in the old days, were left to rot on the island’s hidden shores.
Be sure to bring enough snacks, water and sunscreen for the day as there are no stores on the island. A moderate level of fitness is needed for the walk to the top of the summit; people who do not want to do the walk can enjoy the views from the base.
Nya foton för rundturen
Välj en månad för att se en kalender med information om tillgängliga platser och avgångar.
Klicka på länken nedan om du vill kontrollera priser och tillgänglighet för önskat resedatum. Våra priser uppdateras fortlöpande, så att du alltid får tillgång till lägsta möjliga pris.
Departs at 9:15am
Departs at 12:15pm
- Round-trip ferry
- Live commentary on board
- 2-hour guided 4WD road-train tour on Rangitoto Island
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- The 4WD road-train has drop-down clear curtain for protection in the rain
- No shops are located on the island. Please bring food and drinks. Food and beverages can be purchased on the ferry en route to Rongitoto Island
- The walk to the summit includes boardwalk stairs. The walk is optional. You can choose to enjoy the view from the base
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Be sure to bring enough snacks, water and sunscreen for the day as there are no stores on the island
Om du avbokar mellan 3 och 6 dag(ar) före den planerade avgången gäller en avbokningsavgift på 50 procent.
Om du avbokar inom 2 dag(ar) före den planerade avgången gäller en avbokningsavgift på 100 procent.